He is STill wearing his band from the "HOPITAL"
In the waiting room.Rylan had an Ultrasound on his Kidney this past wednesday. Pete took him since i was working. He said he was ok until he walked back to the room and saw the table. Then he threw a fit, he eventually settled down when the nurse explained and showed him his tummy on the tv =)
Heres the background if you wanna read:
When I was pregnant with Rylan his kidney was 4x's the size it should of been. The tube from the kidney to the bladder was narrowed which didnt let the fluid run through quick enough. They thought they would have to perform surgery at 6 weeks. My dad gave me a blessing (for Rylan) and at the next ultrasound it was down ALOT. only about 2x's its size. The doctors were shocked. When Rylan was born they looked it over and decided he would be able to go longer before surgery was needed. At 5 months he had a horrible test done were he layed on an x-ray machine and gave an iv which sent ink through. (Not the best experience, it took almost 40 min to find his vein through his chunky self, I thought this was what he was having this wed and was soo glad when it wasn't needed). Anyways at 5months he had the surgery, which cut out the narrowing. He was sitting up and laughing that same day. They said all little kids recoverer like champs and im glad that was the way it went. So every few years he'll have it checked at to make sure all is ok.
5 comments:
glad everything went ok! your boys are so tough!
Wow!! That is really scary! But that is amazing that the size went down during your pregnancy! I love the power of the priesthood!
I'm glad he's doing okay! That's always so nice to have healthy children.
wow, what a testimony builder of the power of the preisthood! Hope it all goes well!!
Wow, I didn't know that. We had some similar tests and kidney issues with Peyton, and like you said, the kids go through just fine. I think I was more traumitized. :) What a blessing to have the priesthood in our lives! We're so glad Rylan is doing well!!
Post a Comment