Jan 21, 2009

Cervix too Short!!

Yesterday started off bad. I was feeling very hormonal a cried in the office before I even went to my doctor.

Then Our insurance changed and my doctors office called to tell me since my yearly premium hadnt been met yet, insurance wanted then to collect $700 that day. I cancelled at first feeling upset and frustrated but hten figured I better just go cause Ill be paying that eventually anyways. So heres what we found out at that appointment. >> Glad I decided to go!!


23 1/2 Weeks Pregnant
Baby is measuring to size and is 1 lb. 7 oz. She had to hiccups while they were checking her out (I never felt my boys hiccups) so that was fun to feel slightly as I watched. They did notice in her heart between the left and right venticle the there MAY be a small void of tissue. They told me not to worry to much (Yea.. thats gunna happen) and that they believe since shes still so teeny that it will fill. If not they think after birth it will fill and may need no further attention (Surgery) of course they are going to see me back in 4 weeks to check it and then from there MAY see a prenatal cardiologist, were they may do a EKG while still in the womb.

Update on my cervix:
My cervix has been borderline for a few months now so they hoped it would stay that way. Well I have had random contractions hear and there (I thinking maybe there just braxton hicks) any ways. Those contractions obviously werent good news for my already short cervix. So now its shorter than needed. So I have a few options
1. Have the cerclage (Stitch) as a outpatient procedure. This helps hold the extra weight of the baby and helps the cervix from effacing or dialating. Downfalls, they like to do between 13-16 weeks. NO LATER than 24 weeks. This being because the uterous and all that is larger and closer to the cervix which may cause in ruptured membranes. And also having the procedure at all can induce labor. And im on Bedrest till I deliver.
2. Im on bedrest, They give me a perscription to help relax my uterus and help stop contraction. And then a perscription that helps to keep the cervix from shoerting any more than it is. From there I come back in 1 week and if Im the same length, this continues until birth. If it has shorted I get the stitch either way.

Heres a picture of the crclage so you can better understand. My cervix isnt dialating the way the picture shows but at the top it is starting to crack open which is not good. Plus too short. Her head was directly on the cervix to, too low than she should be.

So both my choices stink if you ask me but I chose #2. I dont want the possiblity of going into labor from the stitch If I can help it. Soo I'll update in a week what the vedict is. For now, or I guess untill my Daughters here, Im on bedrest. > Im told to get up to pee or shower, then back to resting. Hes alowing me to continue working only because its pretty much at my house and it will be more resting if im in the office versus with my wild crazy boys =) Other than that.. Ill be on my butt and at home.

Soo yesterday kinda topped up there in my worst days.

10 comments:

The Fleming Family said...

I'm sorry that is a problem! Hopefully when you keep going in it will be the same or better. We will keep you in our prayers! Bed rest is harder than it sounds!
-Danielle

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Tara-I am so sorry this pregnancy is turning out to be so hard. I know you have a lot of family around, but if you need anything, please let me know.

Amy said...

Yuck! That really stinks. I don't thinkg that I would handle bed rest very well - I am too big of a busy body. Get a lot of magazines and chick flicks and a schedule for all of your family and friends to come and visit you!!!

Alli Waldron said...

That sucks! I really am SO sorry. If you ever want someone to just come over and hang out give me a call!

Emily said...

Pregnancy is hard enough without there being extra complications. At least your cute little girl is measuring right on - that's one thing to be thankful for! I'll definitely be thinking of you the next few weeks, and I'll be anxiously awaiting updates

Perry Family said...

Tara! I'm so sorry to hear that. Good luck with being bed ridden, that would be the hardest thing for me. I hope all those remedies work for you!! Best wishes!

Marilene said...

so sorry to hear the bad news!

Anonymous said...

Tara please let me know if you need anything.

Chrissy said...

You just recieved every lazy girl's dream AND that stinks!! It is hard to be a mom and just lay there!! Let me know if you need anything! Hopefully this will help!

Sanders said...

I've never had to be on bedrest but I imagine it would be very frustrating and difficult! Hang in there!