Jan 15, 2009

Rylan Fever/Heart Murmur



Crystal was sick last week and Rylan was sick this week (Not the same thing though) So Tuesday I spent home with the boys again. Rylan spike a fever of OVER 103 about 405 times in 24 hrs. So I took him to the doctor. They found nothing besides a fever. Said he probably had a virus that should just pass (I get frustrated when I go to the doctor and end up getting no help, not that they could, but I just hope for some medicine or somehting to help with things, Oh well, I guess its better to hear nothings wrong than wonder). ANyways while we were there she said Rylan has a heart murmur. ( Ugh, not something any mom wants to hear) So I ask her more and she said it may be just because of the fever. I cry half the way home, get Pete all upset. I decide I need to know more, so do a little research online. http://kidshealth.org/kid/health_problems/heart/heart_murmurs.html
I guess its pretty common for kids to get heart murmurs (especially during fevers). So I cant say that im releived and not worried, because I am for now. Atleast until a cardiologist tells me otherwise (They should be calling anyday for an appt, reffered by Pediatric). But I do feel a little better about it all. Please keep him in your prayers.

No comments: