Sunday at Church was just what I needed to here (I love when that happens). Im pretty sure I caught what I needed to here….having “ Joy in the Journey” and a “House of Order”. I feel as though those a both things I need to really focus on improving.
Joy in the Journey..
I catch myself constantly think “ When”
When the kids get older..
When the kids aren’t in daycare
When summer is here, and we have no homework
When Christmas is over
When things slow down
I have a hard time focusing on the here and now.. and enjoying it!! I love to her that country song that say “ Your gunna miss this” ….because its soo true. I need to enjoy the craziness of our lives RIGHT NOW. One day well be bored with our lives and Ill regret not enjoying it as much as I could have. I say that because I do stop and enjoy my kids.. but not like I should. Last night I was switching loads of laundry, Pete was watching basketball and my 3 sweet babies were playing. They had 3 empty laundry basketballs lined up and were running and leaping over them. They were encouraging each other to try harder and cheering to each other when the hurdled over them all. The boys even tried to help lift Kadence over and we all laughed as she jumped and landed on the first basket and yelled with joy : I did it” !! What simple pleasure that was last night. I stopped my dang cleaning and “important” things for something much more important. Watching my children be the best of friends.
I sometimes think I stuggle with combining the two “Joy in the journey” and “A House of order”…some days I feel like I balance very well. Others not so much.
Im very grateful for the stange my life is in right now. I wish I could slow it down and not let my kids grow older. I wish I had more time at home with them but I know I must enjoy what stage of life we are in and enjoy these simple pleasures.
This & That
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment