So Monday I went to my OBGYN. He did the Beta Strep test already just in case I deliver early and he also checked my cervix. He said im about 75% effaced and he a finger slipped in my cervix so i was atleast 1 cent. dialated, possibly more but he didnt want to probe around to see because all that stuff can just make it all happen faster. So Ill see him back in 2 weeks since im going to the perinatologist every week. So today I went to the perinatologist.. I was anxious to see if the 75% effaced is were ive been (since I have an abnormally short cervix) or if change was starting to happen. Im kinda confused by it all, he looks at if from the inside were OBGYN looks at it from the outside, they cant tell if im even dialated by ultrasound untill my cervix is gone. So by my understanding the perinatlogist is measuring whats there, and the OBGYN when they say your effacing is measuring whats NOT there. Its confusing. Either way.. once agian im pretty steady.. a little shorting and little more funneling but not much. Kadence hair was hanging down into the funnel which was fun to see and her eyes were open for a few seconds! They did montioring and NO contractions during it. So I think I just might make it to my goal of atleast 2 more weeks, the doctor set his goal. After that maybe ill set anohter goal for a week or two. They also did another fetal fibronectin test (ill get results later today) so if its negative big chance I wont deliver in next two weeks, if its positive it doesnt nessecarily mean that I will though.
* On a differnent note , I LOVE all this baby stuff. As much as Pete could watch basketball all day long, I could watch baby deliverys on TV ALL DAY long. I wish TLC and Discovery Health played that and only that constantly. Im completely amazing by it all. One day I WILL go back to school to either be a RN and be in delivering babies with doctors, or be an Ultrasound Technician. I LOVE all of that kind of stuff. Im pretty sure my kids already understand were a babies comes out because all the shows I watch =/ Im not really one to hide the truth and dont think It doesnt much harm to them to KNOW as long as they dont SEE how it happens. Jaiden HAS already asked how the baby gets out and I told him through the privates. =) Some of you probably thinks thats crazy but I dont. I figure why beat around the bush. He just said ok and dropped it.
This & That
4 years ago
3 comments:
I could watch a baby story all day (= I love it too, its so amazing! I always knew where babies came from and thought it was normal..I think if they find out later they are more freaked out.
Best of luck!!
I'm with ya! I think they should have re-runs of Babies: Special Delivery all day long! I love those shows! Anyways, I'm cracking up over here picturing Jaiden picturing a baby come out of his little weenie! :)
if you need a babysitter i can because im trying to earn money to go to girlscamp....=]i think it would be fun babysitting jaden and rylan for you sometime!just let me know!
Post a Comment