Mar 13, 2009

Pregnancy/Cervix/Steroids

Ok.. lets back track a little, 2 weeks ago at my appt they found that my cervix had gone from a 2.5 to a 1.5.. (2.5 is when they put me on bedrest because normal is 3-5) also they found they I am funneling (Imagine a funel and thats what I look like) dialating you open from the bottom, funneling you open from the top. Soo they told me I needed to be taking it even easy than I had been. I was told on my back for 23/24 hrs a day. So I had an appt set for this morning for follow up BUT two days ago I was having quite a lot of cramping and sharp pains in my stomach ( but they were constant so I didnt think it was normal contractions were they start and stop.. but I still went in to get checked out) the doctor was out but theY put me on the monitor and I wasnt having contractions, also they did a vaginal swab thing that test fro a protein your body releases 2 weeks before you go into labor, that came back negative. I went back today to see Dr. My cervix and funneling is steady since 2 weeeks ago which is great news but still very short.. Baby is doing great.. shes 3lbs. 8oz now and we saw a little hair on her head =) (My favorite part of today). But dr. says I WILL deliver early its just a matter of how early.. So I got a steroid shot today and Lucky me gets to go back for another at the hospital tommorrow. It was probably the worst shot I ever had.. Burned and was in me for like a whole 2-3 minutes =( but Im glad I got it for the baby.. He said it helps produce a cell that babies usually get around 35 weeks (Im 31 tommorrow).. It helps with lung developement but also something in the brain, helps the intestines and if the babies born if helps with infections >. All kinds of good stuff!! Soo It looks as though I wont have her in next two weeks per that test but after that I guess well see how things continue to go.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

It's a scary time for you guys, I'm sure. I'm glad to hear you're in good hands, though. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Chrissy said...

I know you want her here, but hopefully she will get to cook for a while longer! I will keep you in my prayers!

Marilene said...

sorry to hear about the not so good news. but at least they are trying to get it all prepared as much as possible.

Christene said...

You're trooper Tara! I'm glad that she's staying in for the time being. Hang in there!

The Thelins said...

That shot sounds almost worse than labor! I'm glad you're not having her for another couple weeks. Every day counts! And I'm in love with the name Kaidence :)