Apr 2, 2008

For all you mothers :) ...

A newborn's conversation with God


A baby asked God, 'They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?' God said, 'Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you.'The child further inquired, 'But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy.' God said, 'Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy.'Again the child asked, 'And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?' God said, 'Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.'
'And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?' God said, 'Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray.''Who will protect me?' God said, 'Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life.''But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.' God said, 'Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you.'At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, 'God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name.'God said, 'You will simply call her, 'Mom.'

4 comments:

Lauren said...

That is really sweet, being a mom is pretty special.

Kim said...

Thanks you. I needed that!

Perry Family said...

There are some days I feel like an angel, and others I don't!! This is a great reminder I'm an angel even if I don't feel like it. Thanks.

We really appreciated Pete coming out to check out the a/c units yesterday. That helped us so much. We will miss you guys, you are great friends. Come move out to Mountain's Edge, there are so many great deals:)

Janeen said...

That's so sweet, it's nice to have a reminder of the big picture and what's really important.