Jul 26, 2009

Shots & Shiners!!

This week weve made it to the pediatrician 2x's>> Exciting Right!! Maybe not!!

Sunday: Jaiden decided he wanted to skateboard on one of his race trucks and fell and gashed his eye open.

MOnday: Kadence 2 mo (little late) appt. for shots. She weighed in at 12 lbs. 4 oz. and was 23 3/4 in. long. Shes a little chunk and did rather well with the shots. She only cried for a minute. The doctor sees Jaidens eye butterflied up and asked about it.


Wednesday: I take the kids to the park and before Ry, Kadence, and I even get to the playground Jaiden had fallen and his eye immediately had a huge egg, Luckily it didnt split open were I had butterflied a few days earlier. So we rush home and get ice on it. Within the hour he looks like Quazimoto from Huntback of Notre Dame (The side of his eye was bulging out). We decide it looks worse than it probably is but dont let him fall asleep just in case he got a concusion.

Thursday: Wake up in morning and Jaiden cant even remotely open his eye. Its completely swollen shut. I decide were heading to the doctor. Of course we wait 35 min in waiting room, then move to the back and wait with 3 kids in tiny room for 1hr. 30min. REALLY >>> Im surprised we didnt have another black eye>> no, I wasnt ready to beat them, only the doctor, but what boys can sit still that long. I even mentioned it to the doctor and she said shes had it happen were she was stitching up a siblings face who wasnt even that patient that day just from the office room. Ugh. So she checks him out and says it mostly looks superficial but wanted and x-ray just in case. So we head there and wait 30 min to find out I cant havethe 2 little ones there. So we head home for naps to keep my sanity and then I drop off the little ones at my friend Ambers and then head on back. Jaiden was stoked to have them done and even more stoked to see what his bones looked like. He told me on the way home we should have got some to take home. Too bad =( But looks like everything is fine. IT WAS ALL WORTH THE PEACE OF MIND. 4 days later he still looks horrible, just colorful though.
ps: Non of these pictures justify how bad it looked and I didnt get any the morning it was completely shut!



6 comments:

Chels Allred said...

awwww...poor guy!!!! hope he feels ok!

The Fleming Family said...

Oh my goodness!! That looks so painful! What a week! I would have lost it too if I had to sit and wait that long with three kids!! What are they thinking!?
Good thing everything is ok. Hopefully it heals soon.
-Danielle

Perry Family said...

Holy cow, his eye is huge! Glad he's fine and no damage done! Kadence is a cute little chunk...I love 'em rolly poly!

Amy said...

Gotta love kids. The bruise and goose egg look brutal.

Ashley and Ivy said...

man oh man, crazy week! poor guy!

Christene said...

Oh girl! What a crazy week for you. I hate taking the whole clan to the pediatrician. It just makes the whole experience so much more stressful than it needs to be. I know i haven't watched your kids before, but I'd love to be an option for doctor visits. Hope your little man is back up and running soon and you have a more mellow week!