Apr 19, 2020

Quarantine Week 5

I can’t believe we are finishing up week 5. 
Part of me feels like that’s real and parts feel like it’s been only 2 weeks. 

But I do still feel like I’m trying to still figure out the best “schedule” and that seems to change. 
This week says it will hit the 90 so I feel like I’ll be needed to help with Cal Air phones in the afternoon, and I’ve mostly been working early mornings. 

Also, Grandma Dulaney likely will be coming home fro the hospital from hip surgery and mom will need to be very involved..  so I may need to help more with bills at work also. 


We will see what the week brings but..

This past week..  we had 2 toilets that would squeak and squeak. I googled it and it seemed like a do-able  repair without Pete. I hit Home Depot and got some repair stuff. 
I hung 2 toilet paper holders that have been missing for many years, and made the toilet repairs. 
I also painted our downstairs wall...  I’ve been wanting to ditch the blue to match the rest of the downstairs but got the wrong color.  I had already done a small section before realizing and didn’t want to run to Home Depot again.  I finish the job till later and think it looks ok! 

The kids had fun with their water balloons and playing outside on the trampoline. Jai used some of the water balloons as targets. Rylan and Kadence made a slip in slide on the trampoline. 
They ended up washing the dogs too. 

We Drew some. Played speed this week. Kade painted 
We baked. 
We did a small hike and found a SNAKE!!! It’s the first I have ever seen one in the wild and hope it’s the last for a WHILE!! 

We met up with Granny Kim and the boys and let the kids run around the park. 

We did schooling stuff 
We did a cute yoga storytelling thing on you tube...  a little “young” for my kids but better than plain yoga. 
We went to desert shores and a park Sunday to enjoy the beautiful day. 

Jaiden REALLY wants a expensive air soft gun. I don’t want to teach my kids debt so I told him he can do extra chores for extra money. He really stepped it up and worked for 3 hours straight.. made $22. 

Friday was Orlando’s birthday so Saturday we picked up crumble cookies and drove across town to drop them on his doorstep..  we drove the strip back home to check out how deserted it was. Pretty crazy. I still want to do a night time drive.

Saturday nights have become a tradition to order in dinner and rent a movie to watch as a family. It is definitely something we have started to look forward to. 

I’m SOOO over planning so many meals and cooking and cleaning. 
We were doing the school lunches but I scaled back to only once a week so we have less exposure....

So breakfast lunch and dinner each day ...  is feeling like ALOT!  And I really enjoy cooking. So Saturday kade and Jai made breakfast completely on their own 👏👏. With NO assistance. 
I hope to do that a little more to switch it up for me. 


Pete and I have yet to master ribs..  they are always just Ok..  they were on the menu for Sunday dinner..  so we watched a video of how to make some. Slow cooked in the oven and then broiled at the end. Pete and Rylan did those together.  Best ribs to date!!!  Delicious 💕💕
































































No comments: