Jul 7, 2008

4th of July



Thursday the family all drove up to Warm Springs to camp out and have fun swimming (First of all NOT the same warm Springs I grew up loving.. All the slides and cliffs are no longer there or allowed to jump from, its gated off and needs 3 lifeguards at all times from your group.) Anyways Thursday night was fun, we only swam for about 30 min and then it closed. We hung out and ate. We found a frog and Pete & Leshal decided to put it in my parents tent ( It was funny but not quite the reaction we would have liked.. they werent IN the tent when they found it =D) We overall slept pretty good (For Camping) Friday morning we ate and got back in the pool. I was on stand lifeguarding and Pete had the boys. To make a long story short. Gary, my Dad, Pete and Jaiden all get stung by Wasp in about 10min. I was so upset and mad that my poor baby had to go through that. ** NOte >> the theory that pennies help with bee and wasp sting is TOTALLY true. Pete put one on his and it helped the sting, later took off and the sting came back. Jaiden had a sting on his hand and we put one on it.. I then realized about 5 min later his ear was swelling up like a UFC fighter =D we put on on it and bandaged it on.. it took out the swelling and im sure the sting too. Very interesting I thought but good!! So we decided our time at warm Springs was over and we were ready to get out of the place. Jaiden then got bit by a fire ant.. not cool. The way home me and the boys were exhausted and slept all the way home plus about another 11/2 hrs once home. That night was better>> We went to Petes parents and had lots of yummy barbeque and fun doing Fireworks! Overall it was a good 4th of July but were not sure well be heading back to Warm Springs.. I wish my kids could experience the same Warm Springs as I loved but I dont thinks its gunna go back to that. =(

















here Jaiden after his bites.








Pete & Celestial looking Devious with the frog in the box!!

5 comments:

Perry Family said...

Tara, I totally know what you mean...the warms springs has totally changed, it mnakes me sad. It's no fun going up there anymore. So sorry that everyone got stung, so not cool!! Hope they got better fast! I love you new hair style, so cute!

Lauren said...

Sounds like you guys had a nice 4th, besides the wasp attack! I would have been freaking out if my babies got stung, poor Jaiden! Cute pics of the family as usual!

Emily said...

I haven't been back there since high school... I absolutely loved going though! Too bad things have changed so much. Oh well - Sounds like you guys made the best of it!

Chrissy said...

I always loved going to Warm Springs too!! So sad it had to change. Those were some great memories!! Looks like you guys had fun anyways!!

Janeen said...

Oh how sad Jaiden got stung. That's interesting about the penny...good to know.