May 3, 2020

Quarantine Week 7

Vegas got HOT!! 
Which means Pete and I get busy with work. 
Pete has been working 11-14 hour days. I pulled our Girls at Cal Air back to the office full time this week. I worked 35 hours AT work this week also, along with answering questions after hours. 

We know this is what summer brings for us. I struggle with making family time still FUN and not exhausting. Also, being close to a computer is nice if I need to check anything...

Hence my big push for what the kids also really wanted...

A intex above ground pool.
Last Saturday I text Pete a screen Shot of an Amazon picture of an above ground pool and said don’t be mad I just bought this. This is something Pete and I would never do without the others approval we don’t spend more than about $200 without the other one knowing about it. I was just joking with him and seeing how he would reply but actually was really hoping he would say that it was fine. He wrote back

What 
Where
Cancel 
Abort 

Ha ha so I text him back just kidding but I did really want to talk to him seriously about getting one. Both of us for a little bit concerned about the space that we have in our backyard as well as the upkeep and our dogs who tend to destroy a lot of things. About four days passed and I kept my eye on poles along with looking at Walmart I think between people receiving their government stimulus checks from COVID-19 as well as being stuck at home and the heat rising in Text pools seem to be disappearing and the prices increasing Ha ha so I text him back just kidding but I did really want to talk to him seriously about getting one. Both of us were a little bit concerned about the space that we have in our backyard as well as the upkeep and our dogs who tend to destroy a lot of things. About four days passed and I kept my eye on pools along with looking at Walmart I think between people receiving their government stimulus checks being stuck at home and the temperature outside rising in Text pools were disappearing quickly and the prices were increasing. Within about three days the first pool I looked at had increased about $300 in cost. With seeing Pete working so many hours and knowing they were gonna be many evenings with him gone and me coming home from work tired I tried calling him when he was working lateAnd convincing him that we needed to jump on the bandwagon and hurry and get a pool he wasn’t replying. Me and the kids measured out our space cleaned up the yard jumped on eBay and found exactly what we are looking for I jumped the gun and made the purchase and really hope that people would not be upset.

When we got home that night we sat him down to dinner and let him know what we did he was shocked but not mad and understood why I did it we promised him we would set the thing up completely by ourselves and we did. The kids were seriously amazing this week did their homework their workouts and their chores while I was gone from work and most of the week consisted of prepping the backyard and setting upThe Hamic that we purchased before I even knew I was getting the pool. Friday I came home from work the pool has been delivered and me and the kids went to work it took us about an hour and a half setting it up that was with the kids length things out before I got home and it took about 15 hours for the pool to fill up. Now comes learning how to upkeep a pool but so far the kids have had such a blast and we’ve only had it for two days we’re looking forward to calm evening . Lots of fun family time and barbecue dinners in the backyard.

I went for 3 runs this week.. hoping to get back into the swing of jogging more. 

On Saturday we went to 4 stores looking for Pete a Series 3 Apple Watch for his birthday. We finally got one on Best Buy website and rushed across town to grab before the store closed. His birthday is Monday and he will be working 


















































No comments: