When we went to duck creek earlier this month the heater wasn't working. OOHHHH.. shoot. That meant we had to go back ;) and before it got too cold. So this weekend we up and did it.
To make things AMAZING!!
In 8 years of marriage THIS was our familys VERY FIRST family trip with just us 5.
I cant express how excited I was.
Ive been telling Pete for a long time how badly I wanted to do this.
I wanted a get away were we do what we want to do, when we want to do it. We eat what we want, when we want. Wake up when we want.
Ok... this might sound selfish... but really, is it?
This trip was PERFECTION!!
We left a 6pm on Friday night, we stopped at bass pro, and walmart.
We got there at 11p.
My kids were up at 6a and we were making pancakes.
Sunday we had breakfast at 10a
See.. they joy!! When you want
Not that Im saying any other trip is bad. Because lets be honest. We love them all.
But I must say... I knew Id LOVE this and I will make my family time a priority on the vacation list.
Saturday Pete needed something at home depot so we headed down the mountain to Cedar.
They had a community fair going on, so we swung in for some free fun!
We made smores with reeses..YUM!!
We watched late night movies
Sat around the fire.. or smoke in this case
The kids favorite... playing on the rocks.
We are in duck creek at the pizza joint " hot mamas" and decorated a dollar for the wall
We enjoyed the gorgeous views. I Loved the changing leaves and have added "visit somewere with red leaves in the fall" to my bucket list... oh wait, the one I need to make!
We ate pancakes.
And just kinda loved on eachother all weekend!!
Soo... heres to time with my amazing family of Five + one adorable chocolate lab.
We will be doing this again before another five years rolls around!
1 comment:
Not selfish at all. I am a big fan of doing your own thing every once in awhile. It's fabulous!
Post a Comment