Apr 6, 2011

"Act a FOOL"

April Fools was GREAT this year. I seriously was cracking up all day. My mom was in the office trying to think of all kinds of jokes to pull on people. Stuff the guys were getting out in the field at work. My sisters :) It was just a FUN day!! When I was little on April Fools once my mom did this and I decided to do the same but eleaborate on it a bit. So heres how our day went.. For starters I had a plan for dinner but during the day Celestial sent a text to the fam that it was Brandons B-day (we do this sometimes to remind everyone since there is so many of us now). I text her back Liar cause I knew she was. But then I regretted it. I told my mom about these meatloaf cupcakes. Meatloaf topped with dyed mashed potatoes that look like cupcakes. She was going to bring them to her RS presidency as a "Thanks for all they do". I told Leshal we were gunna have them over for our fun dinner and then Id act like I really thought it was Brandons B-day and bring him one out singing. So I sent Brandon a Birthday text. At dinner I set out the tablecloth and sent the kids upstairs (that kinda worked) and got to making breakfast for dinner. We then ate on breakfast for dinner straght off the tablecloth with HUGE utinsels instead of forks,spoons. We had orange juice from little bowls. The kids thought it was the coolest.
Leshal thought we should dress like "FOOLS" too!! I loved the idea of course. I was in a rush when we got home so Kadence just looks like a fool with crazy hair and paint on her shirt from school :)
Yes.. my kids head says "FOOL" .. He looks like one doesnt he ;) Drinking her orange juice Brandon wouldn't eat the cupcake, even when the boys did. The frosting "mashed potatoes" looked a little like play-doh. It WAS yummy though. After dinner we "fooled" the boys with a tricky matching game I printed off the computer. The matches were similar but slightly off. After a while they caught on :) It was a TON of fun. I definately will keep this as a tradition!! We put the kids to bed and finished the night with a movie. Im a party pooper and fell asleep though! Hope everyone had fun fooling the people you love most!

No comments: