Feb 17, 2011

Molluscom Contagiosm





Rylan got this ( Mulloscum Contagiosm) from one of the kids at school. We noticed last summer he was developing a ton of bumps under his armpit. I took him in for his shots and asked the doctor if he had a rash? He told me they are warts (really, that many??) and to try to treat with Compound W and see dermotologist if it doesnt work.

Do you know how horrible warts are??
UUUGGGGHHHH!!
So we started trying the liquid. No change.
We bought the freeze kind.
Umm.. Horrible NEWS!.. I told Pete I wouldnt be shocked if the Police came from one of the nieghbors calling for child abuse. We had to hold our poor baby down while trying to freeze off numerous warts night after night. He would yell and scream, and yell he was on fire! We decided it was worth spending $ and seeing a dermotologist. By this time Jaiden had gotten some too.

So we go, and find out that the wart medicine didnt work because its not QUITE a wart. Its in the same family but more of a virus. Some people get thousands of them, and on their faces :( Anyways, were were given a few options, One being leave it alone and it can take 6mo- 5 yrs to go away.

NO THANKS!

So we chose a "BEETLE JUICE", Literally beetles mashed up which cause the skin to blister and in turn make them go away. But could need a 2nd dose. When appyling it didnt hurt. We had to wash off 4 hrs later in cool bath.

WOW!!! NIGHTMARE!! Poor Rylan, as you can see from the pictures. Was in horrible pain. Taking the tape off was literally peeling off skin. :( It was absolutely horrible!!

To not only see your child in pain, but to put him through it yourself.
And then after the bath, because it was blisters, had to apply neosporen to them, I literally wasnt touching them, just setting it on top and putting on bandaid. He was SCREAMING! We had to do daily. Thankfully after about 4 was not too bad, just time consuming.

Needless to say, I was home with sad babies for a few days. Rylan couldnt sleep without his arm above his head.

Rylans healed up and were gone. Jaidens were not.
I did not want to pay another $75/each co-pay to deal with that again. I searched the internet and found a possible solution. by now Kadence had developed some too.


O PLEASE LET THIS WORK!
IT DID!
$25 Bucks for both kids, and 5 weeks later. NO PAIN!! :) were free and clear of this CRAP!!

thankfully!!

Soo, I normally wouldnt post this kind of thing but maybe someone else out there will benefit from this knowledge!!

ZYMADERM from Walgreens!! use it and LOVE IT!!

5 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

That is so sad! We've been dealing with warts with Vance so I will definitely try that cream. Thanks!

Amy said...

We gave Vance the warts. We have done two rounds of beetle juice with no results. We will have to try it!

Emily said...

:( this looks horrible!! your poor kiddos... i'm glad you were able to find something that worked!

Staci said...

I'm sorry Tara, I don't think I could handle that very well. You are one tough mama!

Tara said...

Yea.. its stinks!!

So I should of posted this about that medicine.

During the first few weeks you WONT notice any idfference, and at times it alomost seems there getting a little bigger and more red, very temporary. STICK IT OUT.
Once they disappeared it was over only 2-3 days. And it wasnt just good timing. Jaidens and Kadence did at right about the same time.


The only reason I stuck it out was becasue I read reviews about that.

Good luck- Hope it works for you guys!