Dec 28, 2010

Christmas with The Almanzas


We headed to Petes mom at about 9am. We thought wed want to relax more and not rush but this wasnt even rushed. I had made the cinnamon rolls the day before so All I had to do was throw them in the oven and bake the bisquits for bisquits and gravy. Crystal brought down Tamales. Breakfast was yummy and then we opened presents. We all got great stuff but there were a few really great ones I want to mention to look back on. Crystal (Petes Sister) made books online and bought from costo. They have lots of family photos including Papa and little notes about how he always made sure he was at the kids special events in life. He really was!! Also Petes mom made all the kids pillowd with their/Papas pictures on them.
But what made it even more special was that she used Papas work shirts as the pillow cases. The side is buttoned with his buttons in case we need to take off to wash. Jaiden especially loved this. He hugged it right away and I know it means so much to him. Rylan was a little young and remembers his Papa but not like Jai. He still will stop and cry over him here and there and now he is completely enjoying sleeping with his pillow.




The kids played outside lots and had a great day with their cousins!

No comments: