Jan 12th 2013 we lost of dog Rex. It was really hard on our family. He was hit by a car and seemed fine as we took him home, only shaken up. We came home and soon realized he was not ok. Pete took him to the Vet since the kids were sleeping. He passed away in the car. We had to keep the boys home from school the next day. It was a really hard few days as we adjusted to not having our Rexy around. the boys walked around holding his collar and I hated hearing the jingle of his name tag. We bought our new truck partially to take him out. He died in that truck. Our kids have cried over and over again for him. We have Rex for 3 years. I honestly dont know if Ive ever felt heart break like that before. There were times that dog drove me nuts but mostly I loved him to peices. Especially the last year. He honesltly was apart of the family. Pete felt horrible for the kids and wanted to help ease the pain by getting a new puppy, but I still am not ready to replace him. Partially because I cant imagine going through that but with a dog youve owned for 10 or 25 years. We miss our pup like crazy!!
This & That
4 years ago
.jpg)




.jpg)



1 comment:
oh tara! i'm SO sorry! what a beautiful dog! i swear dogs become a part of the family. hope you guys are doing okay!
Post a Comment